Director of Information Technology (m/f/d)Berlin
Forte Digital builds relevant digital products for our clients by combining the power of data, technology, and design. We create meaningful experiences and deliver value across the entire customer journey all while working in joint interdisciplinary teams with our clients.
As Forte Digital Germany's Director of Information Technology you will manage and direct the digital product development of all client solutions, lead the solution provisioning via SaaS, and lead the tech operations, ensuring the department provides efficient and effective technical support service. Planning, building, running and improving Digital Experience Platforms is your expertise and you're passionate about Content Management and eCommerce solutions in the context of the creation of individual digital experiences? Then this job might be right up your alley!
Your job responsibilities:
- You will own the technical strategy of Forte Digital Germany and execute such in team building, capabilities development and client development
- You will lead the development and implementation processes for the organization’s and software/software solutions and IT environments
- You will lead the technical side of new business projects and already existing client projects with agile methods
- You will establish efficiency and efficacy standards, providing recommendations for improvement of all tech initiatives
- You will analyze IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and other metrics and needs
- You will oversee our security of systems, networks, and enterprise information
- You will facilitate IT security audits or investigations
- You will develop and maintain relationships with external tech suppliers and other service providers
- You will coordinate our multisite tech environment
- You will perform other related duties as assigned
Your supervisory responsibilities:
- You will hire, train and manage IT employees (Developers, DevOps, QA)
- You will schedule, organize, and assign projects to members of the tech team
- You will conduct performance evaluations that are timely and constructive
- You will handle discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy
Your required skills:
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are proficient in the latest internet technologies
- You are experienced in building large enterprise digital platforms
- You are experienced in Content Management Systems, Portal technologies and User Management Solutions
- You are proficient with Cloud Environments (Azure, AWS) and microservice architectures
- You are proficient in Microsoft .NET tech stack and/or good knowledge of Java Enterprise solutions
- You have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- You have excellent analytical and management skills
- You have excellent interpersonal skills
- You have a thorough understanding of IT-Platforms and practical applications to support the company’s objectives
Education and experience:
- You have a University degree in Computer Science or equivalent required; master’s degree or MBA preferred
- You have a successfully proven senior software development track record
- You have at least ten years of experience in web technologies and at least 3 years of successful team management experience
You’ll be a part of an international digital consulting company, and a team of highly skilled people with a common desire to create the workplace of our dreams. We are achieving our goal of creating the best digital solutions and long-term value for our customers by utilizing deep knowledge, autonomy, openness, generosity and cooperation.
You’ll be part of a great team! We want all our colleagues to have a voice and we make decisions as a team. As one of our colleagues, you will be part of a future focused growth, design, technology and consulting organization with an open and flat structure, where people, knowledge and creating the best solutions for our clients are in the driving seat.
You’ll meet a lot of passionate people who love to share and to learn from each other. We have several processes in place that ensure continuous and regular exchange between all knowledge hubs.
We are solution-oriented and pragmatic in our approach, with regard to both our methods and each other as well as in our collaboration with clients. Among the 350 Forte Digital employees in Scandinavia and Poland, we are a hub of over 30 specialists. Big enough to handle complex projects and small enough to be there for our customers quickly and non-bureaucratically.
We work with ambitious but stable clients that are looking for long-term engagements.
The opportunity to develop personally and professionally in different competency classes or in our Forte Academy but also in an agile team, which lives an open error and feedback culture and promotes, among other things, training and education of the Scrum Alliance.
The doors of our office in Berlin Kreuzberg are always open for you and our other hubs are happy to welcome you abroad as well. Additionally, you have the option of a 4-day work week.
Enjoy the international environment with offices in Oslo, Krakow, Berlin and Copenhagen and clients from all over Europe.
At Forte Digital, we offer 30 vacation days.
We'll support your Urban Sports Club membership.
Participation in social activities like trips, dinners and activities like golf, rock climbing, football and squash.
We own a very nice property in France at the disposal of all employees whether for workation or vacation purposes (yes, the pool is included)!
We are a dedicated team of 350 consultants, designers and developers (and everything in between!) headquartered in Oslo. Together with our clients, we design the digital products, processes and software systems they need to meet their customer needs and help them scale to the next level. True to our Norwegian influence, we live Scandinavian pragmatism through and through. Short decision-making paths, flat hierarchies, an active, engaged and inclusive workforce - that's us. We strive for long-term commitments, not only in our customer relationships, but also in the life cycles of our employees. That's why we launched our Forte Academy, where we invest in our colleagues for the long term, empowering and encouraging them to build their competencies. We build relationships on talent, trust and commitment, which is why we offer our employees the option of flexible working hours by waiving core hours.
Interested to learn more about Forte Digital?
We would love to hear from you if there is something here you find interesting. Reach out through email or send us an application with your resume.
Fields marked with * are required.